Register your books – reach all bookshops
Via Bokinfo you can reach all book retailers in Sweden. And bookshops in Norway, Finland and Denmark also use our services. With the help of Bokinfo, retailers can:
- Find your book
- Send orders to you or your distributor
- Download information about your book to their websites and store information system
Advice on marketing
Via Bokinfo retailers can search for your book and order it. But for it to sell you need to market it. You can get advice and tips on marketing via:
You or your company must be the publisher of the book. You need to be accustomed to using a computer and the internet, and must have an up-to-date version of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Safari or Edge. You must have your own business or hire a distributor. Examples of book distributors are:
Important information about distribution and sales
The most practical thing for you and the retailers to do is hire a distributor to receive orders, send out the books and handle invoicing.
If you want to sell your book to local bookshops and to Bokus, you can do the distribution and invoicing yourself, provided you have your own company. If you want to sell your book centrally to the bookstore chains Akademibokhandeln, Ugglan or JB-gruppen, a distributor is a requirement. They also want you to register your book with Bokinfo 4-6 months before it is published.
If you want to sell via the online bookseller Adlibris. Contact them for information email@example.com
How to join Bokinfo
The first step is to sign an agreement, unless you use StjärnDistribution. Read more below about how it works if you use StjärnDistribution.
- Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send you an agreement
- Fill in Bokinfo’s copy and the address form. Scan it and email it as a PDF to: email@example.com or post it to: Bokinfo, Box 16417, 103 27 Stockholm.
- Within ten days you will receive an email with login details and instructions. Registration of the book and order management works in different ways depending on which form of distribution you have chosen. Read more below.
Distribution by yourself
Once you have received your login details, you register the book on our website. Send us a copy of the book at the address below. As soon as you have registered the book, bookshops can search for and order it, and online booksellers can download information about it to their websites.
When a retailer orders your book you will receive an email from us. The order will also show in your account when you log in. You send the book and the invoice directly to the retailer. The retailers are responsible for shipping. Remember to choose an economical shipping method.
- Use Schenker to send packages to Bokus. Here you can read about Bokus’ delivery terms
- Use Frisvar to send packages to Adlibris.
- Use PostNord to send packages under 1 kg to brick-and-mortar stores
- Use DHL to send packages over 1 kg to brick-and-mortar stores.
Publit or Förlagssystem BAS
Forward the Bokinfo ID you get in the email from us to Publit/Förlagssystem and they will send the information about your book to us. As soon as the book is available from us, retailers can search for and order it, and online booksellers can download information about it to their websites. We forward orders from retailers directly to Publit/Förlagssystem.
Once you have received your login details from us, you register your book on our website. Send us a copy of the book at the address below. Once Förlagssystem has got your book in stock they send a stock status to us. We forward orders from retailers to Förlagssystem, but you are also able to receive orders yourself.
If you use StjärnDistribution you do not need to sign any agreement with us. The fee for registering your book is part of your agreement with them. StjärnDistribution makes sure we get the information the retailers require about your book. Tell us if you want a login so that you can see how the information is displayed in our system.
Downloadable books via Axiell/ELib
Once you have received your login details from us, you register your book on our website. Send us a copy of the book at the address below. Once the book is registered with us, you can log in to ELib and download the information about the book to their system from ours.
Sign an agreement with us and contact LogistikTeamet for information on how the book should be registered.
We invoice new and moved ISBN every six months, in June and December. The setup fee is included on the first invoice you receive from us.
- Setup fee for joining: SEK 350 excluding VAT.
- Registration fee per ISBN: SEK 350 excluding VAT.
- Moving a title from one publisher to another: SEK 350 excluding VAT per ISBN.
Address for catalogue samples
Send one copy of each book you have registered with us. Once we have received the book we will add the subject classification and check that all is correct. If you use Publit, StjärnDistribution or Förlagssystem Bas, they will ensure we get the catalogue sample.
- Bokinfo, Box 16417, 103 27 Stockholm (letters, postal packages and MyPack)
- Bokinfo, Apelbergsgatan 36, 1 TRN, 111 37 Stockholm (business parcel and messengers)
- Email e-books to firstname.lastname@example.org